Harmoni One, Batam, Indonesia - My 2022 Experience At This Hotel

 I stayed at Harmoni One Hotel over the weekend from 13th to 14th November, 2022. It was an Indonesian weekend getaway trip for me and my first Indonesian trip since the Covid-19 lockdown period 2 years prior.

I now give you my reviews from my hotel stay experience that time.

Boarding the ferry at about noontime, I reached Batam island from Harbourfront, Singapore. It was a hot afternoon day.

Upon checking into the hotel, I was greeted with a spacious hotel room. The drawback was that I did not find any towel in the bathroom or anywhere in the hotel room. But hell, nevermind. I called the receptionist and request for the bath towels to be given to me right away. It was prompt. The hotel staff came to my room within 10 minutes. They also gave me a bathroom floor mat.


After relaxing for a while, I decided to check out the facilities of Harmoni One. I ventured out of my room. As my hobby is swimming, my natural instinct is to check out the swimming pool first.

There are 2 water pools - the main swimming pool and the heated jacuzzi spa pool. I would like to comment on the ease of accessibility as it's not so friendly for use.

The walkway is not so accessible. This drawback can be more noticeable during the monsoon season of November, when rain falls are more frequent. Due to some light showers, the floor near the pools are wet and so, it is extremely slippery. Although you may just slip and fall into the pool, how about those who are not going to play in the waters? Anyways, slipping and falling under rain can be fatal if not careful.

What caught my attention that day was even more discerning - a mansion. An old dilapidated mansion situated next to the hotel swimming pool. It has an access to it too. Can you imagine it looks haunted to me? What if you were to go for a swim late at night? What does it look like to you? What do you think? It looks creepy and unsafe to me if under darkness, certainly.


Before going to the pool, when I was just out of the elevator, there is a gym - Harmoni one's own gym facility. Yes, a 5-star hotel even good for all fitness buffs. Again, as it is near the outdoors, the rainwater can make the surrounding floor area wet and may even create a flood in that area as the floor seems flat.

Lastly, before I left the hotel, I went down to the hotel lobby at the ground level. There's something quite distinguishable at the hotel lobby - it has a billiard table beside the hotel lounge.

Wrapping Up

It was a very fruitful trip to Batam, Indonesia, with a boat ride to and fro Singapore, especially after nearly 3 years of not being able to visit there, due mainly to the restrictions of borders posed by Covid-19. Of course, besides this hotel accomodation experience, the trip was definitely beyond that.

Just like any other travellers to Batam, especailly from Singapore, I did shopping trips at the famous Nagoya Hill mall and Batam City Center mall and did some 'makan' there as well! 

Overall, Harmoni One hotel serves as a memorable experience for me to add to my Batam tour delights too. With all these experiences I shared above, what do you think of staying in this hotel? Or do you have similar experiences to share as well?







Comments